While in Port:
- McAllister Towing & Transportation (VHF Channel: 7A): (843) 577-6449
- Moran Towing (VHF Channel: 19A): (843) 529-3000
- Stevens Towing: (843) 889-2254
- Fire/Police/Medical Emergency: Please dial 911
- U.S. Coast Guard, Sector Charleston: (843) 740-7050
- Charleston City Police: (843) 577-7074
- Charleston Fire Department: (843) 884-0623
- Mt. Pleasant Police: (843) 884-4176
- Mt. Pleasant Fire Department: (843) 884-0623
- North Charleston Police: (843)554-5700
- Charleston County Sheriff’s Office: (843) 202-1700
- State Ports Authority Harbor Master: (843) 577-8659
Local Government Agencies & Resources:
- South Carolina State Ports Authority
- NOAA PORTS: Local Tides & Current Information
- National Weather Service Forecast Office: Charleston, SC
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Charleston District
Maritime Trade Organizations:
American Pilots’ Association is the national trade association of professional maritime pilots. Our Association’s president, Whitemarsh S. Smith, serves as its Secretary/Treasurer. Made up of approximately 60 groups of state-licensed pilots, representing virtually all the state pilots in the country, APA members pilot over 95% of all ocean-going vessels moving in United States waters.
The Maritime Association of South Carolina has been actively promoting the interests of the Port of Charleston since 1926. Our mission is to advance, encourage, promote, increase and protect the interests of South Carolina’s ports – both public and private.
The Propeller Club of the Port of Charleston is the largest membership organization on the Charleston waterfront, representing all of the State’s maritime shipping interests.